The Dog Show — collecting stories

The-Dog-Show-Web_pic-01We’re collecting stories for “The Dog Show.”  Tell us your story by leaving a comment below or emailing us at  Themes include: dog rescues from foreign countries.  We’ve got Puerto Rico and Thailand so far, your favorite dog ever, where your dogs sleep, who’s the boss in your family, dog escapes, dogs comforting humans, dogs comforting dogs, silly things dogs do or think, uncanny dog moments, a dog who opens drawers to get candy, for example .. anything!

This entry was posted in People, Places and Things. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Dog Show — collecting stories

  1. Sara Pettingill says:

    My dog Baby Girl is my first dog ever and i love her with all my heart and miss her. She came to me at only a couple weeks old. I bottle fed her up until she was able to eat puppy food on her own . She was the runt of her brothers and sisters and was unique and different. I would keep her in a Basket because she was not potty trained she was still to young, but she knew how to escape the basket and wanted to be with me and sleep with me ever since i got her. so instead of keeping her in the basket anymore i gave in and let her cuddle up with me in my bed. she would have some accidents on my bed but it was okay because i didn’t want her to be away from me either. She was potty trained not long after she was able to eat food on her own.. Baby Girl would follow me everywhere i went she would share food with me and loved to give me kisses all the time.. we have so much unconditional love for each other.Baby Girl always gave me this look and i just knew the look she gave was so sincere and heartwarming. She would go outside with me and always wanted to be on my lap but sometimes i had my lap top on my lap and she would just look at me and take both of her paws and start scratching my leg like she was saying mommy i want up now can i please get up it was so cute when she did that. When we would go to bed i would tell her come one baby girl lets go sweepies and she would come jump up in bed with me get under the covers and cuddle with me, sometimes i would get up to get a drink or go to the bathroom and she would follow me till i got back into bed and she would climb in with me.i loved she was always by my side no matter what. she liked to be held like a baby and just fall asleep in my arms also. when id lay on my couch and watch a movie she would lay right next to me cuddled up or shed lay across my stomach and chest. when another dog would try and come up to me she didn’t like it and would snap at them and i knew she was just telling them this is my mommy not yours.. my little sister has a cat booboo and when booboo would jump on my bed she would get so mad and keep her on the edges of my bed so booboo couldn’t get close to me.. Booboo was pregnant and finally gave birth and Baby Girl was pretty protective of her kittens she would even protect them from Booboo.. the cat was okay with it since Baby Girl was the only dog she let near her kittens..She was a very joyful happy little girl. Baby Girl also loved to run out front and i hated that she would do that because sometimes someone would accidently let her out without my knowledge and i was always so scared for her and the cars. Sometimes she would find a spot in the fence when i let her out to potty by herself and let herself out but i got it blocked off to where she was unable to do that anymore.. on may 15th me and my mom were watching a movie called place beyond the pines and my baby girl was right there on the bed with us and my dad came home and she was bouncing over to say hi to him i remember thinking aww how cute =).a few minutes after me and my mom paused the movie and she went to change over her laundry in the garage and about ten minutes later i didn’t see Baby Girl and was wondering where she went but i wasn’t so worried because i knew she was inside and couldn’t have gotten out.. Me and my mom and dad walked out on the side yard for about another ten minutes and then came in i still was wondering where she was because she didn’t go out with us and she was usually right where i was.. i then went and made sure the movie was still paused and picked up my phone cause i saw it was lit up from a text message. normally i would have just left it alone since i was gonna start to watch the movie with my mom again but i opened the message and read a text from my neighbor angel and the message said “Hey one of your dogs got ran over in front of my house” I then immediately ran outside and the time i was running outside i was just knowing it was my baby girl and was hoping i was wrong and it was a stray but i got out there it was dark and i looked out into the st couldn’t see anything and looked closer to their driveway and ran up and just grabbed her screaming “no baby girl no ” i went back in my house with her in my arms and was just crying telling my family she can’t go she’s my baby and i just kept looking at her asking her to come back and telling her she can’t leave me she’s not suppose to go but i knew she was gone already i just really was hoping for a miracle and her to start to breath again but my wish didn’t happen i held her in my arms forever but my parents later then came in my room and said i think its time to bury her so its not harder for you and i just then said okay but i was still crying.. we put her in a box on one of my pillows i wrote her a letter and put a pillowcase on her like it was a blanket and put her bone on there and a teddy in between her arms i put some roses in there and my family put somethings in with her also.. i didn’t want to bury her i wanted to get her cremated and as two days went by i couldn’t bare having her in the ground anymore and my friend deni came one dug her box up and we left walking at 330 in the morning to go take her to the vet to get cremated at gateway pet cemetery and crematory.. i feel so bad for having her dug up but i couldn’t stand knowing i won’t be able to visit her grave forever cause wed move and something could happen to her grave so i did wat i had promised my baby girl i would do and in a couple of days i should get her asked and a clay paw print of hers.. well i had so much more to say but I’m a leave it as is.. In loving memory of Baby Girl 7-17-12 to 5-15-13.. I love you Baby Girl and miss you so much i will see you again someday in heaven..

  2. Hi there, just wanted to say, I liked this post.

    It was funny. Keep on posting!

  3. zakhiah says:

    My dog came from the Santa Fe animal shelter. My mom gave me a card saying that I could have a dog for my birthday. I had already picked out a puppy from one of our neighbors many pups but something told me not to get one of her puppies and to go to the santa fe animal shelter. It was the best thing I ever did. The first second I laid eyes on her I knew I was going to have her. She had two other sisters who were each unique in their own way but three things stood out in Nehe. One was that she sat in a corner not really scared just not overly excited. Two She had one brown eye and one eye that was half blue and half brown. Three she was one of the puppies that looked like a german shepard but a little more black on her.
    A few months after I got her I realized she was part coyote. She was also an escape artist. She learned how to turn the nob of the door to get out, she figured out how to get both her leash and her collar off. She taught our other puppy {whom we got by accident) how to pull at her collar while she got it off. One instance our rooster was attacking me and I was screaming and Nehe opened the door of our house and pinned down the rooster without killing it and I picked him up and put him back in his pen. Another amazing instance was when one of our cats got our baby bunny and was running away with it and I was screaming at him to stop and chasing him and Nehe got the bunny from my cat and dropped it in my hands. That bunny is now living happily with a friend of ours.
    Nehe died a year and a few months ago but I she passed on her intelligence and loyalty to our newer dog Percy who is now as big as a wolf and as troublesome as Nehe but he protects our other pets as well as Nehe did.

  4. Pingback: My Homepage

  5. Pingback: Issa’s Quest: Radio Taboo | santa fe stories

  6. nancy udell says:

    From Claudia:

    How Rico came to America.

    Once upon a time…..

    My husband and I traveled to Puerto Rico for our belated honeymoon in December of 2002.
    My husband Stephen’s parents own a house there.

    We arrived in San Juan, Puerto Rico on Christmas Eve 2002, very late at night. The house is an hour from San Juan up in the rain forest, El Yunque. Stephen’s parents are already there, because they spend their winters in Puerto Rico to escape from the cold long winters in their primary home on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

    We checked into a motel in San Juan, unwilling to try to find the small road to the house in the rain forest so late at night. The next morning we take off in our little rental car. What an adventure! The further away we got from the Tourist Mecca of San Juan and drive inland, the more primitive it gets. Stray dogs everywhere.
    Starving, skinny and covered in mange.

    We finally arrived at the house, being greeted warmly by his parents.

    Later that afternoon, I see a small food bowl on the porch. I ask my mother-in-law, well known for her love of animals, what she is feeding.
    Oh, a small, very shy and skinny stray dog, she replies.
    She quickly adds.Don’t even try to pet it, it will run away.

    A little while later, I look down the steep driveway and there comes this adorable little dog, tail tucked between his legs.he’s making a bee line for the food bowl.
    I start talking to him, saying Puerto RICOOOOO and his ears wiggle.
    20 minutes later he’s in my lap.
    Stephen and his parents are in the house looking out,
    rolling their eyes at me.
    (I am also known for being an avid animal lover)

    To make a long story short, we were there for 7 days and I fell INSANELY in love with this dog. I drove down the hill to K Mart (yes, K mart in Puerto Rico) and bought him a bed and a collar and chew toys.His name was RICO, no doubt, he loved it and came
    to being called that from the get-go.

    Our visit was over, I am on the porch in TEARS, clinging to the dog.
    Stephen is adamant.
    He says.have you EVER been with a man who has told you NO? And I said: NO!!!!! He said, well, I am telling you NO. We are not having a SMALL dog, we are NOT having a MALE dog, we are NOT having a Chihuahua, they bark all the time.and further more.are you NUTS bringing a dog from Puerto Rico?
    As soon as we get back to Santa Fe you can adopt a dog at the shelter..

    The plane lifts off, I’m SOBBING.

    We get back to Santa Fe…I’m on the Internet within minutes of getting…Puerto Rican Animal Rescue..SEARCH…..

    Ahhhhhh….Save a
    (Sato is Puerto Rican Slang for homeless street dog)

    I write them an email, describing the situation..I get an answer within 30 minutes.

    Do I know where the dog is? YES!
    Do I have someone to bring him from the rain forest down to San Juan to their main office? YES!!!!
    (Ha…Mom in law loves that dog, would love to see me have him!)

    Where there is a will there is a way!!!!!!!
    Never underestimate the willpower of a woman in love!

    BUT…how to get him from San Juan to Santa Fe?????????????

    Enter Rose, a friend of ours from Albuquerque..
    A flight attendant for American Airlines!!!!

    Woohoooooooooooooooo! She hears of Rico, VOLUNTEERS to fly to San Juan on her day off and meet a Save a Sato volunteer at the airport to receive Rico
    and bring him HOME to me !!!

    All is arranged! Stephen’s Mom drives Rico to San Juan, meets a volunteer..I had sent them $100 to cover a rabies shot and a health certificate,
    the ONLY thing required to ship him to the USA..

    The volunteer takes Rico to a vet, gets the necessary paperwork and keeps him overnight. Rose arrives in San Juan the next day, late afternoon..I have made reservations for her at an airport hotel that accepts dogs.she meets the volunteer and picks up Rico, spends the night with him in the hotel and hops on first flight out of
    San Juan to Albuquerque.

    January 15, 2003…
    Claudia stands at ABQ Airport at an expectant mother..and there they come, Rose and Rico…

    And, as they say, the rest of the story is history

    Rico ended up being the apple of my husband’s eye

  7. nancy udell says:

    From Sally:

    Higgins the New York Rescue

    We lived in Spanish Harlem in New York City. It was a very dangerous neighborhood at the time and in the dead of winter we heard a dog yelping for help. All day and night every day for two weeks we heard this disturbing yelp. My husband and I were totally distraught and could not figure out where the sound was coming from.
    Sleeping was very hard.

    A 6 story, burned out building next to ours, had an airshaft between the 3 story warehouse. Some kids in the neighborhood had heard the same desperate cry and had found a way into the burned out building to throw donuts across the airshaft onto the roof of the adjoining building so the dog could eat.

    We talked to the kids and they showed us where the dog was trapped.

    We desperately called the SPCA but they wouldn’t come out. It was too dangerous and the dog was too far gone. The fire department responded in the same way. They told us, “Forget it.” They had too many serious calls to respond to.” My husband and I were determined to do something. We entered the 6 story building and made it up the burned out stairs. In the building where many homeless gathered to sleep, keep warm by burning barrels of trash, and hide from the cold. The stairway was falling apart and dangerously unsound. We made our way to the 6th floor and looking down on the roof of the shorter building, we saw the dog. It was a skeleton. It appeared to be a German shepherd mix. It had nothing but skin with hair stretched over bone. Beside ourselves with panic for the animal, my husband constructed a ramp that we could slide over to the building edge from the 3rd floor of the burned out building. It was too dangerous to maneuver across and much farther across than we expected. Afraid that once the dog saw us, it would try to jump on the ramp and come across to us.

    Buying steaks and weighting down blankets that we could toss across, we were able to throw the meat and blankets. The dog saw us and knew we were trying to help in some way. We just knew it. It had survived so long alone and we could not stop now.

    The dog gathered the blankets into a bed, for warmth, and ate the meat as quickly as it could swallow. The dog seemed to have stayed alive by eating dead pigeons and eat the snow that had accumulated on the roof. We were totally despondent, when our super, a vicious little man who wore a 45 strapped inside his vest, said he thought he knew of a skinny ladder running up the side of the warehouse. If he could swing up and climb to the roof, he might be able to save the dog. We supplied him with meat and a set of ropes. He had extra ropes he gathered and started a plan. We could not contact the closed warehouse owners and it was really up to us.

    Again, me made our way up the burned out building so we could see the rescue.
    It was a dangerous climb, with a backpack full of rope and meat. He was able to stack boxes from the ground and reach the ladder and pull himself up. Making his way up the building we were horrified to see both the dog and the man getting closer and closer to each other. Once the super got to the ledge, he was able to pull himself up, alerting the dog. The dog looked vicious when he saw him gain access to the roof.
    The super, hunched down, knees pulled in and head down. He sat quietly. He knew he had the gun if anything went wrong. Just imagining the horror we were stressed out of our minds.

    It had been two weeks and the dog was hysterical with panic. The homeless men in the building said there had been a dog pack, running at night, eating what they could from the buildings. They thought the dog had jumped from the taller building and landed on the 3 story warehouse and could not escape. The pack had gone on and he had been stranded alone in the worst winter on record.

    Then a miracle happened. After quietly sitting and not engaging the dog. He threw some of the meat out for the dog to retrieve by himself. After eating the dog began to circle, closer and closer to the super. It was late in the day and we didn’t want the super to put himself in danger at night.

    A group of people had gathered on the street and was aware of our efforts.
    Soon the dog made his way to the man. There was contact. We were all in tears. After what seemed hours, the man spread the blankets and coaxed the poor animal into the blankets. More meat, and the man was able to tie the ropes around the blankets to make a little basket.

    We rushed to our apartment and called the SPCA to tell them we had the dog on the roof and would they please come now to accept him as he was lowered to the street. The precarious “basket” and dog, knowing that it was going to be saved, submitted. The super gently lifted the dog over the ledge and started to lower the ropes. The crowd waited below. We joined them watching the dog coming down little by little. We prayed the ropes were long enough to reach the ground.

    The SPCA showed up. They had a loop on the end of a pole. We were all silent and holding our breath. The dog made it down within reach of the men who had climbed on top of a truck for the final contact to the ground.

    The SPCA told us, after they saw the animal, that he would have to be put down. He was just too far gone. Tears were now flowing in the crowd and we begged the SPCA to capture him and we would adopt the dog. We would take full responsibility if they could just please complete the rescue.

    Unfortunately, the dog bit the first uniformed SPCA officer and that was like the final blow. We again pleaded, offered money, anything to adopt the dog. All this was taking place on the street with all the neighborhood assembled cheering us all on. The dog was pulled and then thrown into the animal control truck. We told them we would meet them immediately at the SPCA for the adoption. We offered them money, credit cards…any assurance we could offer that we were serious. They finally acquiesced and told us to meet them at the pound.

    In the meantime, the super had successfully made it down the building to the ground. He had a car and gave us a ride to the pound. Signing papers and paying fees, arranging for a veterinarian we waited to find out the results.
    The officials told us to come back the next day after the vet had checked out the dog to see if he was vicious.

    That night we were beside ourselves with exhaustion and despair. The next morning early, we arrived at the pound. The dog was a female! And the report was that although she had shown a fear panic, after a night in the pound and another good meal, she seemed adoptable. The vet said, for all she had been through, she was in pretty good shape. We were ecstatic. Our older 13 year old dog, waited in the small Spanish Harlem apartment.

    They brought the dog out on a leash. We were able to sit with the dog and finally pet the dog. It was a gorgeous dog, with distinct markings on her face with a big bushy tail. We were in love.

    Walking the dog home was wild and once we got her to the apartment we named her Higgins. The dog, exhausted, collapsed on our sofa in a deep sleep. Our older dog, a male, slept by her side. After months of good care and more vet visits, the dog gained weight and the vet guessed it was probably around two years old.

    The beautiful ending to such a desperate rescue culminated a year later, when our older dog, now 14 years old, became stuck in the mud in the Central Park lake when they drained it. It was like quicksand. Our old dog struggled to make its way through the mud about 10 feet off the bank. Again we were totally distraught. Our Higgins, made her way out into the mud and for an hour barked and pushed and barked and pushed and saved our older dog, who had been stuck, shoulder deep in the muck.

    Our older dog, about 6 months later, died of old dog meningitis at our vet’s office. We had decided to leave New York, the next year. Higgins moved with us to New Orleans and for four years thrived. She swam in the Mississippi river and enjoyed the tropical winters. Then, we acquired another dog in New Orleans and decided to move to Santa Fe, NM. Packing the two dogs and a cat, we drove to Santa Fe where Higgins lived to be 13 years old and had to be put down after developing inoperable cancer. She had enjoyed New Mexico, hiking at Galisteo Dam, swimming at Lake Abiqui and enjoying the flea-less environment.

    WE had her cremated and have kept her remains in a box forever. The story of Higgins and her courage and willingness to live changed us totally. She was a beloved pet and we were so thankful that her intelligence allowed her to save our old dog in New York from the quicksand of Central Park Lake.
    Dogs truly enrich our lives!

  8. nancy udell says:

    From Julie: Hello,

    How nice you are putting together dog stories. I have a couple to offer.

    I fostered Sadie, a beautiful brindle Basenji mix for the Santa Fe Animal Shelter in.2003. She was one of the most frightened and timid dogs I ever met, but she was very sweet and loving to her very small circle of people she let in. She was adopted once by a young active couple who loved to run, but she was so frightened whenever they met someone on the trail, it didn’t work out and they returned her. I was losing hope for finding her a home when a man named Jay from Durango saw her on the internet and wanted to meet her. The Shelter talked to him extensively and called all of his references and we warned him how timid she was. Still he wanted to meet her. We met at the dog park in Santa Fe and Sadie was very frightened. She let him pet her but was very scared. But he was taken with her. He wanted to adopt her and the Shelter agreed. He drove home with her on that Saturday in December and stopped in Pagosa Springs to let her out to go the bathroom and she wiggled out of her collar. She stayed near but he could not catch her. He tried every trick in the book, bribing her with food. She’d get within 5 feet but no closer. Finally he called me around dusk and asked for advice, what she could be bribed with. I said I’d drive up. He said to wait and he’d try hot dogs as I suggested. Sunday morning he called and still no luck. I drove up to Pagosa Springs and what a sight I saw. Jay had all his car doors open, sitting in the car with food on the backseat. And Sadie lying 10 feet from his car. I drove up and got out of the car and she instantly ran to me and jumped in my car. It was so hard to give her up. I had fallen in love with this dog. But if I kept her I wouldn’t have room to foster more dogs in need. I gave her back to Jay. Admittedly I cried on the drive home to Santa Fe.

    Jay kept me updated regularly. He owned his own business and brought her to work every day. She played with friend’s dogs and began to come out of her shell. He named her Moxie.

    Jay moved to Denver and 5 years later we made arrangements to meet at a dog park. I could not believe my eyes! The transformation she had made into this confident, social dog was amazing! I don’t know what happened to her before she came to the Shelter, but it is amazing how resilient dogs are that she learned to trust people again and is now living a happy life in a loving home.

    And Lucky. I fostered her for the Espanola Animal Shelter in 2009. I had her for about 6 weeks and a young couple in Tierra Contenta off Airport Road were interested in her. I took her to their house. They had another dog too and nice fenced yard. Lucky was cowering behind me and we felt they needed to get a better feel for how she was without me there so I offered to step out for a short time. 10 minutes later they called me and she had jumped their fence. Lucky had never been in this area of Santa Fe before. I had no idea where to look. We drove the neighborhood, no luck. I raced home and made fliers and all day posted them and talked to people. After 7 hours it was getting dark and I went home, and drove up to my house, AND THERE WAS LUCKY! Lucky had gone 7 miles from the west end of Airport Road to my house near Rodeo and Yucca, crossing Cerrillos apparently and found her way to my house! She had never been west of Richards! At any rate, they did not adopt her, but within a few weeks a woman from Abiqiui met her and adopted her. Lucky was lucky!

  9. nancy udell says:

    From Alex: This story is about a dog named Kally. Kally was a little bit Airedale and something else. Many years ago Kally had been given to me as a young adult dog because she was chasing sheep and was in danger of being shot because of it. Kally and I hit it off, and we stayed away from sheep. A couple of years later, Kally had a litter of pups. One of the pups was not doing well, and I gave it CPR and tried to warm it, and did everything I could to help it. In spite of my efforts it was still cold, and passive, although still alive. Finally, that night I put the pup in with the rest, hoping for the best, but realizing it might not make it. In the middle of the night I was awakened by Kally, nosing under my covers and placing the cold unresponsive little pup next to my warm belly! In amazement, I snuggled around her and then fell back asleep. In the morning Kally woke me up again, to get her pup, who was now warm and lively! From that point on the puppy had no problems, and although she was never known for her brain power, having been seriously oxygen deprived for awhile, she was a sweet and happy dog. Whenever I remember this event, I am just awed at the trust that Kally placed in me. We had a pretty special bond.

  10. Lisa Rogers says:

    About a year and a half ago I adopted two corgis who had been rescued from a puppy mill in Iowa. I never dreamed at the time that they would bring so much joy and happiness to my life and rescue me in the process. The older female is handicapped from the abuse and confinement she suffered there but has learned to walk and run in her way and doesn’t let it slow her down. The male was so frightened of everything, especially men and loud noises. The female, Abby, is such a happy outgoing little soul. She figures now it’s her goal in life to smile, make everyone smile and happy. The male, Brody, while still shy, has made such amazing strides in learning to play, scaring himself silly when he first barked, to his best buddies being two rescued and adopted kittens. They’ve learned to cuddle, give tentative kisses on the nose, talk, dance, play and be the happiest two little dogs. I have decided that there is nothing more entertaining or laugh provoking than to watch the two kittens and two corgi dogs play together, especially the stalk, chase and tag game. And there is probably nothing more contenting than relaxing on the sofa with both dogs and the two kittens in the pile snuggling up with me and the dogs. It’s the same in bed at nights as we all snuggle together. They are both so grateful and loving, and go out of their way to make anyone who may be unhappy or down, smile and laugh. And Abby truly smiles (non toothy smile, she smiles just like a person) at everyone she meets and smiles the whole time she is sleeping. They are my inspiration in the lessons of love, total forgiveness, living and loving in the moment and sheer joy. For them to continue to love us and forgive us for all the abuse they suffered through a human’s hands is nothing short of amazing. My house is a home, and a loving home now thanks to the two of them.
    One fun incident I remember, was watching them last winter experience their first good snow fall as free doggies. They had the best time bouncing through, (well Abby hopping through) and sticking their whole heads in the snow and coming up with snow faces, then bounding to check out the next drift of snow.

  11. nancy udell says:

    From Carrie: hi I had a beautiful dog named lexy, I adopted her from animal shelter she was boston terrier pit mix I had her for many years untill sadly she story is, lexy was always. by my side comforting me laying with me and watching me. I had her spoiled used to give her tastes of my time I had bought a bag of candies maple nut goodies I ate a few I don’t think I gave her any I put them away in my end table drawer and left to do errands.well I came home later wanted to eat my candy so I opened my drawer and hmm the bag was there but empty..I was kinda mad, wondering why my son would be looking threw my drawers and than why he ate all my candy.I later confronted him and he said he didn’t eat them..hmmm only one left was lexy.but how could she open the drawer.I looked at her and said lexy did you eat my candy she put her head down.kinda admitting I put a dog treat in drawer to see what happened I walked out of room lexy didn’t follow me this time..I waited a bit than sneaked in to see her putting her paws and mouth on the end table drawer and behold she opened it got treat closed door back. oh my lexy so smart and beautiful. I miss her so but the memories will be with me forever

  12. nancy udell says:

    We’ve been getting some great stories. Dogs comforting humans, dogs comforting dogs, dogs sixth sense, silly dog behaviors — how they seem to think.

  13. Jaco Finch says:

    I found my dog, Duke at a shelter in Albuquerque years ago. My girlfriend at the time really wanted a companion for her dog, and she thought it would be perfect if I got one. I was busy, and skeptical, and hadn’t had a dog for years, so I agreed on the condition that I would only get a dog if it was a bluetick coonhound. I grew up with hounds and love em, but really, I figured that would get me out of the deal, or at least delay it. A coonhound is not your everyday New Mexico shelter find. Only one person has ever identified him here, and she was from Kentucky! The very next day, not even 24hrs later, I get an email from my girlfriend with a link to a pure bread bluetick coonhound. He had been found wondering Albuquerque with no tags. He had been at the pound for 3 months and was quickly going mad. So much for that plan. I picked him up that very afternoon and its been loud baying, cute tricks, and sweetness ever since.

  14. Nancy says:

    We have two shelter dogs, one about 10 pounds heavier than the other. They play a lot but the bigger one (Bellie) often gets the better of the smaller one (Buddy), i.e., Buddy spends more time on his back rolling around and rejecting play requests. Yesterday, Bellie was calmly licking a patch of ice on the driveway, and Buddy ran up behind her, bashed into her full force, and ran away.

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s